Since I’ve been away for a while from my time, now the time has come to write some new stuff. I just haven’t been much in a writing mood, that’s all, but still many times in Second Life.
Well, what’s the matter, then?
- Teleports are still as unreliable as ever.
- The usual avatar still has only the possibility to be member in 25 groups maximum. Way too low… there’s been some effort around to persuade Lindenlab to raise this number, but if it is going to be succesful? We’re going to see.
- Virtual banks are no longer allowed in Second Life. A good move, especially after the bad example of Ginko Financial.
- I still don’t see the open sourcing of the official server code, since this is the biggest source for revenue they have. It’s that simple.
- I still wonder what’s the next big thing is going to be. Now that Havok4 is being tested and WindLight is still in the Beta viewers only, SL leaves much room for improvements.
- There’s been no really important open source viewer or fork of it, now one year after the opening of the source code. Why not? Because the server is still closed source.