...so soll mein Geschreibsel auf Englisch also sein. Den Dienst fand ich bei Zasta Korobase.
Ich kann all die Leute, die jetzt über die ach so unfairen Schiedsrichter jammern, nicht verstehen. Es ist doch klar wie Kloßbrühe, dass diese von der FIFA angehalten sind, jedes Spiel besonders streng zu pfeifen - und genau das tun sie auch.
Jede Mannschaft, die in eine WM eintritt, die weiß das auch und muss damit rechnen. Die Schiedsrichter tun genau das, wozu man sie angehalten hat, ob das nun gut oder schlecht ist - wer weiß. Auf jeden Fall sollte man, wenn schon, gleich über die FIFA jammern - denn die hat das entsprechend angeordnet. Fertig.
I've purchased the PC version of "GTA IV" on Steam at the holiday price action. This means, I had to pay around 8€ for that game, while you still have to pay around 40€ in different kind of shops. Well, it helped me to keep my temper down - a lot. Here's why.
First, GTA IV is really a great game. Graphics, story telling, looks, you name it, it got it. The high ranking ratings and well received critics don't come from nowhere. But the stuff surrounding the game just really sucks golfballs through a garden hose. The game, even one year after its launch on the PC platform, is full of annoyances.
Which kind of annoyances, you might ask? Well, here they are:
- The sheer amount of computing power under your desk you need to play it nicely. Better have a decent quad core, at least, and a very good graphics card, 512 MB of memory is the minimum, better yet 1 GB, if you want to play it on the highest detail level. This is something that's going to wane down in the future when more and more potent computers are becoming wide spread.
- One word: Microsoft. It just plain sucks. What the game has to do with Microsoft, you might ask? Well...
- You are unable to make any saves of the gaming progress at all, when you are not signing up for Microsoft Live. What the bloody fucking hell have the developers thought about that? I don't need no stinking membership in there, when I want to save a game, it should happen without that kind of stuff and shit, period! And believe me, since you are going to play it for a long time, membership is really a crucial need for you. This just plain rotten stinks!
- Support for 3rd party Controllers, namely gamepads. The first version of the game, released in 2008, only supported one type of gamepads, namely the ones from Microsoft for the Xbox 360. Why in the name of bloody hell should I buy a gamedpad for around 50$, just because the developers are forcing me to do that? Games on Windows have always been open for a broad range of hardware, there are enough cheaper and almost as good controllers around for PCs, anyway, and I am not going to buy a stinking Microsoft controller just because the developers have made the game that way. With later patches they introduced a somewhat broader support for other controllers, but still the support is severly lacking and leaves much in the dust.
I repeat: this has just been a decision to make people go to Microsoft and buy their stuff. Hell, I for sure really dislike that kind of attitude!
- DRM. You need to activate the game once over the internet. If you bought the DVD-Version, you are only able to launch it if DVD #1 is in your dvd drive. You for sure cannot start the game without always first launching up that application named "Rockstar Social Games Club", because it is part of the DRM. There is no way to get rid of it. You can start the game with that application, but when you are not a member of that club you are always getting reminded in a very annoying dialog box that you are unable to publish your acchievements on that club website as long as you are not signing up there. Hell, why should I want to do that? This is just another plain and annoying part of the customer being treated like a child and not a grownup at all. Bummer.
So, since I bought that game on budget, I am content with most of that stuff, though. But, if I would have bought it in a shop, I would have returned it, because of all that annoyances. They suck great lengths! Don't get me wrong, though: the game itself is great, but all that stuff makes it really an annoying pain in the ass. No customer likes to be treated as a child as much as this game did and still sometime does!
That's life; I was looking for nothing in particular and stumbled upon a small writing called "Houseplants of Gor" in a forum. In short it is a parody of Norman's writing style and philosophy at all, quite funny to read. So, here we go:
The spider plant cringed as its owner brought forth the watering can.
"I am a spider plant!" it cried indignantly. "How dare you water me
before my time! Guards!" it called. "Guards!"
Borin, its owner, placed the watering can on the table and looked at it. "You will be watered," he said.
"You do not dare to water me!" laughed the plant.
"You will be watered," said Borin.
"Do not water me!" wept the plant.
"You will be watered," said Borin.
I watched this exchange. Truly, I believed the plant would be watered. It was plant, and on Gor
it had no rights. Perhaps on Earth, in its permissive society, which
distorts the true roles of all beings, which forces both plant and
waterer to go unh appy and constrained, which forbids the fulfillment
of owner and houseplant, such might not happen. Perhaps there, it would
not be watered. But it was on Gor now, and would undoubtedly feel its
true place, that of houseplant. It was plant. It would be watered at
will. Such is the way with plants.
This here seems to be the newest trend: since the standard avatar mesh
looks just plain right ugly at the feet some shoe designers started now
building shoes with builtin, more naturally looking toes. This looks
like this here then:
Quite an improvement, if you're asking me. I wonder if those are going to sell very well... a very nice idea.
Well, we all know griefers way too good in Second Life, especially their flying objects, like penises and such. Now in real life a flying penis was around when Garry Kasparov was holding a speech in Moscow. Take a look at the video:
This is how recently my rich, genuine Second Life experience has been:
Cleaning your cache and relogging might help then.
Just a conversation I heared in open chat somewhere:
[8:28] XW: scroll
[8:28] sM: scroll down yer cock?
[8:28] sM: is the cum german?
[8:28] XW: yea
[8:29] sM: oh fucking hitler then
[8:29] XW: yea
[8:29] sM: good
[8:29] sM: then i have to kick yer ass a bit
[8:29] sM: not too much to kick tho
Nice, isn't it???
Our Lindens, who art in the Labs,
Hallowed be thy prims.
Thy Grid-dom come, thy will be done,
On sims, as it is in the preview,
Give us this day our daily crash,
And forgive us our spammery.
As we forgive those, who grief against us
Deliver us from the n00bie ones.
And lead us not into nakie places.